- Fix a bug in bathy.style wording.
- Fix a critical issue with downloads failing on Windows.
- Add detailed land shapes of Europe. Can be used by
basemap(shapefiles = "Europe")
- Full sf integration. Old GIS packages for R and ggspatial dependencies removed. Since this change required rewriting of most functions, new bugs have almost certainly been introduced.
- Bathymetry system redesigned (see this)
- Decimal degree maps can now be plotted across the antimeridian.
- Added spatial data to ggOceanMaps making the ggOceanMapsData package not needed any longer.
dist2land()now uses great circle distances on a spherical Earth (s2) by default and should be able to calculate distances to land anywhere around the globe.
- qmap points turned red. Addressed a long-standing issue with
- Fixed a bug with shapefiles argument shortcut.
- Fixed a bug in ices_data
- Added sf support for clip_shapefile
- Added sf support for shapefiles (converts to sp, needs to be refined)
- Fixed a bug with expanded limits in decimal degree projection
- Fixed a bug where shapefile_list(“all”) would return multiple rows per shapefile name.
CRAN release: 2022-09-26
- Added shapefiles to the
xargument shortcut in
- Added limits to premade shapefiles to make visualization easier.
- Removed many CRS warning from sp and rgdal
- Added a way to control the plotting order of graticules
- Added transparency (alpha) scaling to bathymetry fill
- Added GEBCO bathymetry which is more detailed than the ArcticSterographic.
- Added EMODnet bathymetry which is more detailed than GEBCO for the Northeast Atlantic
- Improved vignette and webpage:
- Added a way to control the plotting order of graticules.
- New design
- Added vignettes
- Added ICES and Norwegian directorate of fisheries areas.
CRAN release: 2022-01-08
- Conversion from PROJ4 to PROJ6. This change will make the old ggOceanMapsData files incompatible with ggOceanMaps 1.2 and vice versa. Changed most functions.
- Added NEWS.md
- Improved premade_shapefiles and shapefile documentation.
- Started rewriting the package from
- Moved the
rgdalpackage from Imports to Suggests.
- Added the possiblity to adjust
datalimits using the
- Improved the user manual and website.
Fixed an issue with other than decimal degree input rasters in
- Fixed an issue with ggplot2 (>=3.3.4)
CRAN release: 2021-05-21
- Started replacing the PROJ4 system by the PROJ6 wkt based system by replacing “+init=epsg:NNNN” strings by “EPSG:NNNN”. Did not finish the conversion.
CRAN release: 2021-01-14
- First CRAN release. Contains the core of the package code rewritten from PlotSvalbard